Sunday, December 9, 2007

I found out about my name!!!!

So.....lots of people ask my parents about my name. "Hollyn---where'd you find that name? It's different!" "We found it in a baby-name book--it means "fresh-faced", and when we saw her---well, she just looked like a Hollyn!" "And what about Patricia?" That's usually when daddy gets "that look" on his face--you know--that happy/sad look. Well---he finally told me all about it----Patricia was my grandma!!!! How cool is that??!!! And guess what? Today is her birthday!! So daddy sang to her and told me the most amazing stories about Patricia Ann Haynes---she sounds like a wonderful mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and grandma! He told me about all the things they did when he was growing up, and how she loved her husband, children, and grandchildren so much---sounds like I'm really gonna miss out on a very special person....but I do get to share her name so I'm pretty happy about that!!! And I'll think of her every time I get in trouble--- "Hollyn Patricia Haynes!!! Get in here!!!" (What's with the middle name thing when a kid gets in trouble?!)

Daddy also said that she was very pretty--he showed me his favorite picture.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA HAYNES!!!!

7 comments:

The DeWater family said...

Hollyn-
Your grandma Haynes was a very special grandma - I'm sure she is watching over you every minute of every day!

Make sure your daddy keeps telling you stories about her!

Aunt Dee Dee

P.S.HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!

Kristy said...

Beautiful name to share with a beautiful Grandma=) She was the best!!!
~Happy Birthday Grandma=)~

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Hollyn,
Your grandma was the best. She's my grandma, too, and I was very lucky to get to spend a lot of time with her. I can tell you a lot of stories about her! She was amazing!

Happt birthday, grandma!

Love,
Jen

Mrs. Eshbaugh said...

I am so glad that your daddy shares all kinds of stories with you! It is so important to remember those special people in our lives. Hopefully you hear so much about our grandma that it feels like you've known her all of your life. She would have just gushed over you!

Julie Madera said...

Hollyn,
Our grandma was the best person in the world. The kindest, sweetest,caring person I've ever know. I know she's looking down on ALL of us and keeping us safe!

Happy Birthday Grandma, we miss you and love you very much! :-)
You're "JulieBug"....that was her nickname for me!

Sue Haynes said...

Grandma told me if your Daddy ever got in trouble she would call out "Brian Richard.." Remember that one, it could come in handy! She was one special Grandma. You are very lucky to share her name. You have another cousin, Tricia Ann Haynes who shares her name too. Your Daddy is her Godfather. Guess that makes you two Godsisters!!!
Happy birthday Mom!

bevan le penguin said...

She really was one of the most beautiful people i've ever seen.

Any chance i could get a copy of that picture emailed to me? bevanthepenguin@gmail.com