Monday, December 3, 2007

Happy/Sad Day :|

My daddy told me about my uncle Dan--today is his birthday. This is an old favorite picture that my dad has--it makes him smile! I'm sorry I never got to meet uncle Dan--daddy told me lots of really good things. He was a wonderful husband and father....he was a proud soldier....he was a Knight--a man of great faith....he loved his family and was their hero....he was kind and gentle....and funny...and sometimes he even smiled ;).....daddy said uncle Dan liked to lean on the counter and look over his glasses--I don't know what that means but when daddy told me that he was happy and sad at the same time....
These pictures were taken a few days before Thanksgiving in 2004....daddy had that happy/sad face again when he showed me these.....
I guess this is uncle Dan lookin' over his glasses....kinda, sorta, tryin to smile...



I'm glad my dad told me about uncle Dan---he sounds pretty cool! To Aunt Sue, Tricia, Kristy, William, and "papa's girls"--I'm sending you lots of happy happy thoughts right NOW!!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE DAN!!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

With many tears, I want to say thank you for having such a great Daddy to share his memories with you. When we went through the hardest time in ours lives, your Daddy kept us together!
I know your Uncle Dan is in heaven watching over all of you as well... sMiLiNg=)
I love you!

Kristy said...

Hollyn,

Tell your daddy thanks for the great stories about uncle Dan. Thank you so much for this tribute to him. It/he means so much to us.

William

Sue Haynes said...

Being the angel you are, I'm betting you were hand picked for you parents by Uncle Dan, Grandma and Grandpa. They were all alittle obsessive/compulsive which means they had to pick someone perfect. that's why they picked you!

We love you!